Achieving longevity in you career isn’t an easy task in the hip-hop game. One year you’re on top, and the next you you’re running on your sixteenth minute. Defying the odds, however, is the under appreciated Daz Dillinger, who has kept working long past the point where other emcees began to collect unemployment checks. Although not a superstar like his DPG ally Snoop Dogg, if rap was football Daz would definitely still have some Pro Bowls under his belt. Back in the Booth with a west coast thumper, Daz wastes no time jumping all over his new single Set It Off like Dwight Howard on a rebound. Produced by Daz himself and production partner Ivan Johnson, Set It Off incorporates knocking kicks and stringy synths on which both Daz and Snoop Dogg do work. Discussing matters that are commonplace to both artists, mostly concentrating on much realer they are than all those other suckas, Set It Off is appropriately titled as it’ll get your energy flowing and juices pumping while ridin’ ‘round town with the top down. For ever more music to ride to, be sure to check out Daz’s upcoming album, D.A.Z., set to drop later this month.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)