Achieving longevity in you career isn’t an easy task in the hip-hop game. One year you’re on top, and the next you you’re running on your sixteenth minute. Defying the odds, however, is the under appreciated Daz Dillinger, who has kept working long past the point where other emcees began to collect unemployment checks. Although not a superstar like his DPG ally Snoop Dogg, if rap was football Daz would definitely still have some Pro Bowls under his belt. Back in the Booth with a west coast thumper, Daz wastes no time jumping all over his new single Set It Off like Dwight Howard on a rebound. Produced by Daz himself and production partner Ivan Johnson, Set It Off incorporates knocking kicks and stringy synths on which both Daz and Snoop Dogg do work. Discussing matters that are commonplace to both artists, mostly concentrating on much realer they are than all those other suckas, Set It Off is appropriately titled as it’ll get your energy flowing and juices pumping while ridin’ ‘round town with the top down. For ever more music to ride to, be sure to check out Daz’s upcoming album, D.A.Z., set to drop later this month.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.