Daytona may have dropped the diminutive from his stage name, but don’t get it twisted; “Kid” or adult, the Bronx representer is committed to serving up the same Type Ish his fans have come to know and love. Don’t believe me? Just take a listen to this freshly-minted promo single, a cut which epitomizes the artist’s brash and braggadocious, yet sophisticated appeal. Led off with some ad-libs en español courtesy of an uncredited female vocalist, this joint finds Daytona interweaving deadpan tough-talk with luxurious stunting. To accompany his deft bars, frequent collaborator Harry Fraud cooks up a smooth, sampled beat fueled by a whip-ready rhythm section. Type Ish isn’t attached to a larger body of work, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for further news and tunes from the fully-grown mic-murderer.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.