Daytona may have dropped the diminutive from his stage name, but don’t get it twisted; “Kid” or adult, the Bronx representer is committed to serving up the same Type Ish his fans have come to know and love. Don’t believe me? Just take a listen to this freshly-minted promo single, a cut which epitomizes the artist’s brash and braggadocious, yet sophisticated appeal. Led off with some ad-libs en español courtesy of an uncredited female vocalist, this joint finds Daytona interweaving deadpan tough-talk with luxurious stunting. To accompany his deft bars, frequent collaborator Harry Fraud cooks up a smooth, sampled beat fueled by a whip-ready rhythm section. Type Ish isn’t attached to a larger body of work, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for further news and tunes from the fully-grown mic-murderer.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.