Daytona may have dropped the diminutive from his stage name, but don’t get it twisted; “Kid” or adult, the Bronx representer is committed to serving up the same Type Ish his fans have come to know and love. Don’t believe me? Just take a listen to this freshly-minted promo single, a cut which epitomizes the artist’s brash and braggadocious, yet sophisticated appeal. Led off with some ad-libs en español courtesy of an uncredited female vocalist, this joint finds Daytona interweaving deadpan tough-talk with luxurious stunting. To accompany his deft bars, frequent collaborator Harry Fraud cooks up a smooth, sampled beat fueled by a whip-ready rhythm section. Type Ish isn’t attached to a larger body of work, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for further news and tunes from the fully-grown mic-murderer.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.