Daytona may have dropped the diminutive from his stage name, but don’t get it twisted; “Kid” or adult, the Bronx representer is committed to serving up the same Type Ish his fans have come to know and love. Don’t believe me? Just take a listen to this freshly-minted promo single, a cut which epitomizes the artist’s brash and braggadocious, yet sophisticated appeal. Led off with some ad-libs en español courtesy of an uncredited female vocalist, this joint finds Daytona interweaving deadpan tough-talk with luxurious stunting. To accompany his deft bars, frequent collaborator Harry Fraud cooks up a smooth, sampled beat fueled by a whip-ready rhythm section. Type Ish isn’t attached to a larger body of work, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for further news and tunes from the fully-grown mic-murderer.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)