Though rideable waves are presumably pretty scarce in the Bronx, Daytona‘s been hard at work perfecting the art of hanging ten. Recently, the East Coast buzzmaker and Booth regular matriculated into beatsmith Harry Fraud‘s Surf School. To celebrate, he’s linked up with his new boss to craft promo single All Love. In contrast to the smooth, blunted feel of many of Daytona’s previous features, this cut is soulful and ebullient. Over Fraud’s Chipmunked samples and frenetic, syncopated percussion, the artist encourages listeners to pay homage when they spot him on the street. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Daytona’s plans as he settles into his new label home.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.