Though rideable waves are presumably pretty scarce in the Bronx, Daytona‘s been hard at work perfecting the art of hanging ten. Recently, the East Coast buzzmaker and Booth regular matriculated into beatsmith Harry Fraud‘s Surf School. To celebrate, he’s linked up with his new boss to craft promo single All Love. In contrast to the smooth, blunted feel of many of Daytona’s previous features, this cut is soulful and ebullient. Over Fraud’s Chipmunked samples and frenetic, syncopated percussion, the artist encourages listeners to pay homage when they spot him on the street. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Daytona’s plans as he settles into his new label home.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.