If things had gone a little differently, Daye Jack wouldn’t be on our front page today; when he was 18 years old, the ATLien buzzmaker was forced to choose between pursuing his passion for music and accepting a full ride soccer scholarship. After a listen to debut feature Trapped in Love, I think you’ll agree that he made the right decision. “A passion filled love ballad that takes us through the turmoils of the teenage heart,” this cut finds Jack showcasing his versatility as a vocalist, switching fluidly between delicate crooning and passionate rapped flows. B. Visible‘s mix of eight-bit synths and quirky, chopped samples, has an equally eclectic vibe. Trapped isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.