If things had gone a little differently, Daye Jack wouldn’t be on our front page today; when he was 18 years old, the ATLien buzzmaker was forced to choose between pursuing his passion for music and accepting a full ride soccer scholarship. After a listen to debut feature Trapped in Love, I think you’ll agree that he made the right decision. “A passion filled love ballad that takes us through the turmoils of the teenage heart,” this cut finds Jack showcasing his versatility as a vocalist, switching fluidly between delicate crooning and passionate rapped flows. B. Visible‘s mix of eight-bit synths and quirky, chopped samples, has an equally eclectic vibe. Trapped isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.