If things had gone a little differently, Daye Jack wouldn’t be on our front page today; when he was 18 years old, the ATLien buzzmaker was forced to choose between pursuing his passion for music and accepting a full ride soccer scholarship. After a listen to debut feature Trapped in Love, I think you’ll agree that he made the right decision. “A passion filled love ballad that takes us through the turmoils of the teenage heart,” this cut finds Jack showcasing his versatility as a vocalist, switching fluidly between delicate crooning and passionate rapped flows. B. Visible‘s mix of eight-bit synths and quirky, chopped samples, has an equally eclectic vibe. Trapped isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.