In a typical Hollywood blockbuster, a man who has just been dumped will quickly dive back into the dating scene. In real life, however, this process isn’t so painless; regardless of what most men say, they too have strong feelings for an ex or two (or three). For proof, just ask Day26, who’ve been feeling a lot worse Since You’ve Been Gone. Backing up Willie, Brian, and Robert’s strong tenor vocals are veteran producers Bryan-Michael Cox and Adonis, who once again bring out a string-synth accompaniment, reminiscent of oh-so-many past R&B chart-toppers. Mix it all up with some heavy promotion, and voila! Since You’ve Been Gone has all the makings of the next R&B summer anthem.
Written by Burmy on 05/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got Me Going" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.