In a typical Hollywood blockbuster, a man who has just been dumped will quickly dive back into the dating scene. In real life, however, this process isn’t so painless; regardless of what most men say, they too have strong feelings for an ex or two (or three). For proof, just ask Day26, who’ve been feeling a lot worse Since You’ve Been Gone. Backing up Willie, Brian, and Robert’s strong tenor vocals are veteran producers Bryan-Michael Cox and Adonis, who once again bring out a string-synth accompaniment, reminiscent of oh-so-many past R&B chart-toppers. Mix it all up with some heavy promotion, and voila! Since You’ve Been Gone has all the makings of the next R&B summer anthem.
Written by Burmy on 05/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got Me Going" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.