This past Tuesday, Day26 released their self-titled debut album. Flanked by the lead single, Got Me Going, the album has a chance to see success similar to their female counterparts, Danity Kane, who sold 236 thousand first week copies of Welcome to the Dollhouse. In order to stimulate growth for the record, which has been steadily growing at radio for several weeks, Diddy signed-up hunky MCs Fat Joe and Rick Ross for an official remix. And since no remix is a true remix without Diddy reminding us all that it is in fact ‘a remix,’ the label owner and pseudo-artist ad libs Khaled-like “this is the remix” chants throughout.
Written by DJ Z on 03/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got Me Going" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.