This past Tuesday, Day26 released their self-titled debut album. Flanked by the lead single, Got Me Going, the album has a chance to see success similar to their female counterparts, Danity Kane, who sold 236 thousand first week copies of Welcome to the Dollhouse. In order to stimulate growth for the record, which has been steadily growing at radio for several weeks, Diddy signed-up hunky MCs Fat Joe and Rick Ross for an official remix. And since no remix is a true remix without Diddy reminding us all that it is in fact ‘a remix,’ the label owner and pseudo-artist ad libs Khaled-like “this is the remix” chants throughout.
Written by DJ Z on 03/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got Me Going" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.