This past Tuesday, Day26 released their self-titled debut album. Flanked by the lead single, Got Me Going, the album has a chance to see success similar to their female counterparts, Danity Kane, who sold 236 thousand first week copies of Welcome to the Dollhouse. In order to stimulate growth for the record, which has been steadily growing at radio for several weeks, Diddy signed-up hunky MCs Fat Joe and Rick Ross for an official remix. And since no remix is a true remix without Diddy reminding us all that it is in fact ‘a remix,’ the label owner and pseudo-artist ad libs Khaled-like “this is the remix” chants throughout.
Written by DJ Z on 03/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Got Me Going" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.