Some things, such as a glass of Scotch (a la Ron Burgundy) or Tyrone Biggums, are great on the rocks, but Love on the Rocks? That is never a good thing. At least that’s what I thought until I heard Dawn Richard‘s latest effort. The singer puts her own spin on the topic, thinking of the situation as a stiff, intoxicating drink rather than a complete relationship on the skids. Equally as intoxicating as the drink she’s sipping on is her club-friendly appeal. Backed by a nuanced production that features a strong piano instrumental (heard on the hook,) as well as some heavy electronic influence, the former Danity Kane member impresses with a dynamic vocal performance. Her vocal is solid throughout the cut, but the hook-work is exceptional; her catchy, powerful delivery is sure to have you coming back for a few more rounds. For more from the New Orleans born artist be sure to cop her new solo album, Goldenheart, featuring previously-released standout Gleaux.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.