Some things, such as a glass of Scotch (a la Ron Burgundy) or Tyrone Biggums, are great on the rocks, but Love on the Rocks? That is never a good thing. At least that’s what I thought until I heard Dawn Richard‘s latest effort. The singer puts her own spin on the topic, thinking of the situation as a stiff, intoxicating drink rather than a complete relationship on the skids. Equally as intoxicating as the drink she’s sipping on is her club-friendly appeal. Backed by a nuanced production that features a strong piano instrumental (heard on the hook,) as well as some heavy electronic influence, the former Danity Kane member impresses with a dynamic vocal performance. Her vocal is solid throughout the cut, but the hook-work is exceptional; her catchy, powerful delivery is sure to have you coming back for a few more rounds. For more from the New Orleans born artist be sure to cop her new solo album, Goldenheart, featuring previously-released standout Gleaux.
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!