Some things, such as a glass of Scotch (a la Ron Burgundy) or Tyrone Biggums, are great on the rocks, but Love on the Rocks? That is never a good thing. At least that’s what I thought until I heard Dawn Richard‘s latest effort. The singer puts her own spin on the topic, thinking of the situation as a stiff, intoxicating drink rather than a complete relationship on the skids. Equally as intoxicating as the drink she’s sipping on is her club-friendly appeal. Backed by a nuanced production that features a strong piano instrumental (heard on the hook,) as well as some heavy electronic influence, the former Danity Kane member impresses with a dynamic vocal performance. Her vocal is solid throughout the cut, but the hook-work is exceptional; her catchy, powerful delivery is sure to have you coming back for a few more rounds. For more from the New Orleans born artist be sure to cop her new solo album, Goldenheart, featuring previously-released standout Gleaux.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.