Some things, such as a glass of Scotch (a la Ron Burgundy) or Tyrone Biggums, are great on the rocks, but Love on the Rocks? That is never a good thing. At least that’s what I thought until I heard Dawn Richard‘s latest effort. The singer puts her own spin on the topic, thinking of the situation as a stiff, intoxicating drink rather than a complete relationship on the skids. Equally as intoxicating as the drink she’s sipping on is her club-friendly appeal. Backed by a nuanced production that features a strong piano instrumental (heard on the hook,) as well as some heavy electronic influence, the former Danity Kane member impresses with a dynamic vocal performance. Her vocal is solid throughout the cut, but the hook-work is exceptional; her catchy, powerful delivery is sure to have you coming back for a few more rounds. For more from the New Orleans born artist be sure to cop her new solo album, Goldenheart, featuring previously-released standout Gleaux.
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.