Everything sounds fancier in French—even if it’s fake French. For example, why just glow when you can Gleaux, like Dawn Richard does on her latest feature? A standout off the Danity Kane and Dirty Money alum’s latest independent full-length, the record is an intriguing departure from her past solo work. Deonte and Druski‘s electronic beat undergoes several shifts in key and time signature throughout the record’s running time, subtly shifting beneath a vocal melody that’s more about atmosphere than hooks. I would ask y’all if her experimental approach pays off, but GoldenHeart‘s current #1 position on iTunes speaks for itself. Click here to cop the project and learn what all the hype is about.
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!