Everything sounds fancier in French—even if it’s fake French. For example, why just glow when you can Gleaux, like Dawn Richard does on her latest feature? A standout off the Danity Kane and Dirty Money alum’s latest independent full-length, the record is an intriguing departure from her past solo work. Deonte and Druski‘s electronic beat undergoes several shifts in key and time signature throughout the record’s running time, subtly shifting beneath a vocal melody that’s more about atmosphere than hooks. I would ask y’all if her experimental approach pays off, but GoldenHeart‘s current #1 position on iTunes speaks for itself. Click here to cop the project and learn what all the hype is about.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.