Everything sounds fancier in French—even if it’s fake French. For example, why just glow when you can Gleaux, like Dawn Richard does on her latest feature? A standout off the Danity Kane and Dirty Money alum’s latest independent full-length, the record is an intriguing departure from her past solo work. Deonte and Druski‘s electronic beat undergoes several shifts in key and time signature throughout the record’s running time, subtly shifting beneath a vocal melody that’s more about atmosphere than hooks. I would ask y’all if her experimental approach pays off, but GoldenHeart‘s current #1 position on iTunes speaks for itself. Click here to cop the project and learn what all the hype is about.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.