Everything sounds fancier in French—even if it’s fake French. For example, why just glow when you can Gleaux, like Dawn Richard does on her latest feature? A standout off the Danity Kane and Dirty Money alum’s latest independent full-length, the record is an intriguing departure from her past solo work. Deonte and Druski‘s electronic beat undergoes several shifts in key and time signature throughout the record’s running time, subtly shifting beneath a vocal melody that’s more about atmosphere than hooks. I would ask y’all if her experimental approach pays off, but GoldenHeart‘s current #1 position on iTunes speaks for itself. Click here to cop the project and learn what all the hype is about.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)