Everything sounds fancier in French—even if it’s fake French. For example, why just glow when you can Gleaux, like Dawn Richard does on her latest feature? A standout off the Danity Kane and Dirty Money alum’s latest independent full-length, the record is an intriguing departure from her past solo work. Deonte and Druski‘s electronic beat undergoes several shifts in key and time signature throughout the record’s running time, subtly shifting beneath a vocal melody that’s more about atmosphere than hooks. I would ask y’all if her experimental approach pays off, but GoldenHeart‘s current #1 position on iTunes speaks for itself. Click here to cop the project and learn what all the hype is about.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.