Danity Kane member Dawn Richard just walked past a man who she’s fallen in love with, but even though her friends tell her it’s just a Phase she always ends up back in his arms. Fellow New Orleanais Lil’ Wayne plays the role of the man, masterfully describing how he’s got her under his spell and how his power over her is only growing stronger (Weezy even quotes J. Holiday’s Bed along the way). Throw in production from Adam Blackstone and the listener is treated to a modern-day street symphony. Monica who?
Written by Burmy on 11/7/07
Submit your Rating
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hair Down" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.