Dawn Richard may be a lover and not a fighter, as demonstrated on her last Booth feature, Love on the Rocks, but that isn’t going to stop her from building her own ARMY. If her uptempo, hip hop-infused R&B style is received as well as it deserves to be, she should have no trouble recruiting plenty of worthy soldiers. Producer (and master of the pen?) Kev The Writer provides a low-key, clapping backdrop for each stanza, but turns up the tempo for the record’s catchy chorus. The verses are impressive as well; the Danity Kane and Dirty Money alumnus doesn’t try to do too much, laying down a clean, consistent performance all the way through. A-ten-hut!
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
Our Dawn Ent./Altavoz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Phase ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.