Though his first feature and debut single found the unsigned buzzmaker feeling a little Lost in the game, Dawaun Parker seems to have gotten his bearings in the time since. EP leak numéro deux sees the West Coast phenom in considerably higher spirits, sitting back and Schemin about his future domination of the game. Over his own leisurely boardwork, Chipmunk-sampled from ‘60s/‘70s jazz-rock group The Free Design’s Going Back, Parker ponders his prospects for success in the industry, teasing fans with the thought that he might slow his pace and “get out the fast lane” but ultimately reaffirming his dedication to the hustle. And, lest listeners think the Grammy-winning emcee/beatsmith is going to forget where he came from on the way to the big leagues, he reassures us: “I won’t change, I just got more change; since I came from the bottom to the top of thangs…” Will the Dre protégé‘s Schemin pay off, successfully propelling him to superstardom? Speculate away – or, reserve your judgment till February 2011, when his new EP, The Decision, hits store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/14/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.