Booth newcomer Dawaun Parker seems to think he’s Lost in the game, but I don’t know if I’m buying it – anyone who’s got the support of the Dr. Dre on his first single is leading a charmed life in my book. Regardless, the man wears his pessimism well. On this melodramatically dark selection the Grammy-winning rapper/songwriter/beatsmith, who liner-note aficionados may remember from his co-producer credits on several tracks off Relapse, shows off the full breadth of his talents, hooking up with his Aftermath mentor to craft a lush, cinematically brooding instrumental backdrop for his own dark rhymes. And, speaking of Relapse, the rapper rivals Em at mixing up liquor-and-drug cocktails that just so happen to rhyme: “Tipsy; Hennessy, whiskey, Zoloft, ketamine, Pepsi mixed with Popov” Dope – and probably deadly! So, readers, does this banger bode well for Parker’s career? If you think so, keep it locked for all the latest on debut full-length The Decision, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers sometime in 2011.
Written by richard on 10/20/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.