Booth newcomer Dawaun Parker seems to think he’s Lost in the game, but I don’t know if I’m buying it – anyone who’s got the support of the Dr. Dre on his first single is leading a charmed life in my book. Regardless, the man wears his pessimism well. On this melodramatically dark selection the Grammy-winning rapper/songwriter/beatsmith, who liner-note aficionados may remember from his co-producer credits on several tracks off Relapse, shows off the full breadth of his talents, hooking up with his Aftermath mentor to craft a lush, cinematically brooding instrumental backdrop for his own dark rhymes. And, speaking of Relapse, the rapper rivals Em at mixing up liquor-and-drug cocktails that just so happen to rhyme: “Tipsy; Hennessy, whiskey, Zoloft, ketamine, Pepsi mixed with Popov” Dope – and probably deadly! So, readers, does this banger bode well for Parker’s career? If you think so, keep it locked for all the latest on debut full-length The Decision, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers sometime in 2011.
Written by richard on 10/20/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.