On his last single, featured earlier this month, DaVinci listed off the three main motivating factors behind his grind: Paper, Power [and] P**sy, in that order. Having enlightened us on the objects of the hustle, the Bay Area rhymesayer shows us how he goes about attaining them on his latest feature, a DJBooth staff-selected standout off his new EP. As the title suggests, On My Game is a dope boy’s-eye-view of the paper chase. Ambush mans the mixing boards, flipping a lush, brassy funk-soul sample to back the rhymesayer as he depicts the dangerous, yet trill world of the block. Cousin Fik backs DaVinci up on the guest tip, counting his hundreds and taunting his rivals on the record’s back end. Fans can find this record and much more on the XLIX EP, released today and available for free download via Bandcamp. His next studio album, MOEna Lisa has been pushed back from its original drop date and is now scheduled to hit stores November 6, via SWTBRDS.
Written by richard on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.