On his last single, featured earlier this month, DaVinci listed off the three main motivating factors behind his grind: Paper, Power [and] P**sy, in that order. Having enlightened us on the objects of the hustle, the Bay Area rhymesayer shows us how he goes about attaining them on his latest feature, a DJBooth staff-selected standout off his new EP. As the title suggests, On My Game is a dope boy’s-eye-view of the paper chase. Ambush mans the mixing boards, flipping a lush, brassy funk-soul sample to back the rhymesayer as he depicts the dangerous, yet trill world of the block. Cousin Fik backs DaVinci up on the guest tip, counting his hundreds and taunting his rivals on the record’s back end. Fans can find this record and much more on the XLIX EP, released today and available for free download via Bandcamp. His next studio album, MOEna Lisa has been pushed back from its original drop date and is now scheduled to hit stores November 6, via SWTBRDS.
Written by richard on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.