With a name inspired by famed Italian painter Leonardo da Vinci, it’s no surprise that San Francisco spitter DaVinci is able to paint entire pictures using only words and one his latest portrait he paints a gritty picture. Lacking the mystery of say a Mona Lisa, the lyrical artisan makes the unapologetic tone of Nothin Finna Stop Me very clear from the start of his opening first verse, declaring “And if I die today I feel I still won/ And if I had a bag full of f**ks, I couldn’t give you one.” From there the emcee continues to sport his lyrical bravado with the backing of Alabama beatsmiths Block Beattaz’ soul-driven boardwork. If Nothin Finna Stop Me has you eager for DaVinci’s next offering, consider yourself lucky since the spitter’s The MOEna Lisa LP is due out early next month on November 6.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.