With a name inspired by famed Italian painter Leonardo da Vinci, it’s no surprise that San Francisco spitter DaVinci is able to paint entire pictures using only words and one his latest portrait he paints a gritty picture. Lacking the mystery of say a Mona Lisa, the lyrical artisan makes the unapologetic tone of Nothin Finna Stop Me very clear from the start of his opening first verse, declaring “And if I die today I feel I still won/ And if I had a bag full of f**ks, I couldn’t give you one.” From there the emcee continues to sport his lyrical bravado with the backing of Alabama beatsmiths Block Beattaz’ soul-driven boardwork. If Nothin Finna Stop Me has you eager for DaVinci’s next offering, consider yourself lucky since the spitter’s The MOEna Lisa LP is due out early next month on November 6.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.