With a name inspired by famed Italian painter Leonardo da Vinci, it’s no surprise that San Francisco spitter DaVinci is able to paint entire pictures using only words and one his latest portrait he paints a gritty picture. Lacking the mystery of say a Mona Lisa, the lyrical artisan makes the unapologetic tone of Nothin Finna Stop Me very clear from the start of his opening first verse, declaring “And if I die today I feel I still won/ And if I had a bag full of f**ks, I couldn’t give you one.” From there the emcee continues to sport his lyrical bravado with the backing of Alabama beatsmiths Block Beattaz’ soul-driven boardwork. If Nothin Finna Stop Me has you eager for DaVinci’s next offering, consider yourself lucky since the spitter’s The MOEna Lisa LP is due out early next month on November 6.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.