With a name inspired by famed Italian painter Leonardo da Vinci, it’s no surprise that San Francisco spitter DaVinci is able to paint entire pictures using only words and one his latest portrait he paints a gritty picture. Lacking the mystery of say a Mona Lisa, the lyrical artisan makes the unapologetic tone of Nothin Finna Stop Me very clear from the start of his opening first verse, declaring “And if I die today I feel I still won/ And if I had a bag full of f**ks, I couldn’t give you one.” From there the emcee continues to sport his lyrical bravado with the backing of Alabama beatsmiths Block Beattaz’ soul-driven boardwork. If Nothin Finna Stop Me has you eager for DaVinci’s next offering, consider yourself lucky since the spitter’s The MOEna Lisa LP is due out early next month on November 6.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/25/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.