What do you say we dig into a fresh cut featuring an up-tempo beat blended seamlessly with two deep-voiced emcees? Well, How Bout It? Those who are, in fact, bout it won’t regret checking out the latest from DaVinci. Producer Sergioisdead’s colorful boardwork, featuring a heavily sped up, chopped sample engineers the track, but it is the effort from DaVinci and his guest, MondreM.A.N, which anchor the record. Together, the emcees form a cohesive sound thanks to their baritone, slightly slurred flows that create an interesting juxtaposition to the squeaky clean beat. There is no word yet on if the Bay Area emcee plans on attaching this offering to a larger release, but while you wait for the good word be sure to stream and download DaVinci’s latest release, The MOEna Lisa.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.