Though the Wu-Tang Clan‘s assertion that currency controls the world (or at least the inner-city streets) has become a rap commonplace, Bay Area newcomer DaVinci bucks the trend on this EP standout, arguing that’s it’s not cash, but dope that rules everything around him—in other words, D.R.E.A.M. Featuring the slow-rolling street boardwork of Mark S. Villain and cuts by DJ Platnum, this hard-nosed selection is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Vinci’s Feast or Famine EP, released August 24, and out now online.
Written by richard on 09/1/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.