Though the Wu-Tang Clan‘s assertion that currency controls the world (or at least the inner-city streets) has become a rap commonplace, Bay Area newcomer DaVinci bucks the trend on this EP standout, arguing that’s it’s not cash, but dope that rules everything around him—in other words, D.R.E.A.M. Featuring the slow-rolling street boardwork of Mark S. Villain and cuts by DJ Platnum, this hard-nosed selection is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Vinci’s Feast or Famine EP, released August 24, and out now online.
Written by richard on 09/1/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)