Though the Wu-Tang Clan‘s assertion that currency controls the world (or at least the inner-city streets) has become a rap commonplace, Bay Area newcomer DaVinci bucks the trend on this EP standout, arguing that’s it’s not cash, but dope that rules everything around him—in other words, D.R.E.A.M. Featuring the slow-rolling street boardwork of Mark S. Villain and cuts by DJ Platnum, this hard-nosed selection is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Vinci’s Feast or Famine EP, released August 24, and out now online.
Written by richard on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.