Some rappers like to flaunt their wealth (whether or not they actually have it), giving away shots at the bar and buying their (many) ladies new clothes, shoes, and anything else that their hearts desire. On Beastin’, DaVinci gives emcees (and athletes, for that matter) a lesson in fiscal responsibility. Over a swerving, hazy production from Al Jieh, the Bay Area emcee repeats, “A b*tch can’t get a motherf*ckin’ thing from me.” Considering how hard he works to get the paper, it’s no wonder he is so financially prudent. In a droning, slurred flow, DaVinci takes us on an auditory tour of a day in the life of a paper-chasin’ emcee. Beastin is not attached to anything larger, but those craving more from DaVinci are encouraged to check out last month’s How Bout It.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.