Some rappers like to flaunt their wealth (whether or not they actually have it), giving away shots at the bar and buying their (many) ladies new clothes, shoes, and anything else that their hearts desire. On Beastin’, DaVinci gives emcees (and athletes, for that matter) a lesson in fiscal responsibility. Over a swerving, hazy production from Al Jieh, the Bay Area emcee repeats, “A b*tch can’t get a motherf*ckin’ thing from me.” Considering how hard he works to get the paper, it’s no wonder he is so financially prudent. In a droning, slurred flow, DaVinci takes us on an auditory tour of a day in the life of a paper-chasin’ emcee. Beastin is not attached to anything larger, but those craving more from DaVinci are encouraged to check out last month’s How Bout It.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.