Some rappers like to flaunt their wealth (whether or not they actually have it), giving away shots at the bar and buying their (many) ladies new clothes, shoes, and anything else that their hearts desire. On Beastin’, DaVinci gives emcees (and athletes, for that matter) a lesson in fiscal responsibility. Over a swerving, hazy production from Al Jieh, the Bay Area emcee repeats, “A b*tch can’t get a motherf*ckin’ thing from me.” Considering how hard he works to get the paper, it’s no wonder he is so financially prudent. In a droning, slurred flow, DaVinci takes us on an auditory tour of a day in the life of a paper-chasin’ emcee. Beastin is not attached to anything larger, but those craving more from DaVinci are encouraged to check out last month’s How Bout It.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.