As those who tuned in for the DaVincci‘s first Booth feature, Goodbye, already know, the Panhandle State rhymesayer comes with a brand of hip-hop that’s gimmick-free, lyrically-driven and one-hundred percent real. In other words, he doesn’t have a snowball’s chance of being played on the mainstream airwaves. Luckily, he’s not doing it for the money or celebrity—for him, it’s all about the Respect (along with the female attention). Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-leaked mixtape cut finds DaVincci teaming up with a four-pack of up-and-comers with similar priorities to blaze a street-ready Caribbean groove by Miami Beat Wave. Echoing the headliner’s fidelity to his roots and his (related) disregard for program directors’ opinions, veteran rhymesayer Shottie and fellow Magic City reppers Omniscient and Salazar contribute guest bars. AG Lyonz rounds out the lineup, tying the record together with a reggae hook. So, have DaVincci and his homies earned your Respect with this record? Then you won’t want to miss the rest of the dope material to be found on his next mixtape, Sneak Peek 2, scheduled for release in “early summer.”
Written by richard on 03/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.