As those who tuned in for the DaVincci‘s first Booth feature, Goodbye, already know, the Panhandle State rhymesayer comes with a brand of hip-hop that’s gimmick-free, lyrically-driven and one-hundred percent real. In other words, he doesn’t have a snowball’s chance of being played on the mainstream airwaves. Luckily, he’s not doing it for the money or celebrity—for him, it’s all about the Respect (along with the female attention). Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-leaked mixtape cut finds DaVincci teaming up with a four-pack of up-and-comers with similar priorities to blaze a street-ready Caribbean groove by Miami Beat Wave. Echoing the headliner’s fidelity to his roots and his (related) disregard for program directors’ opinions, veteran rhymesayer Shottie and fellow Magic City reppers Omniscient and Salazar contribute guest bars. AG Lyonz rounds out the lineup, tying the record together with a reggae hook. So, have DaVincci and his homies earned your Respect with this record? Then you won’t want to miss the rest of the dope material to be found on his next mixtape, Sneak Peek 2, scheduled for release in “early summer.”
Written by richard on 03/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)