“A ghetto love is the law that we live by.” These famous lyrics, coined by the Lost Boyz, are flipped and melded with rock-style guitar riffs and weighted drums for Miami emcee DaVincci’s first solo Booth feature, Goodbye.” The record, produced by Miami Beat Wave (who released a project with The DJBooth last year), mixes slow tempo keys and deep percussion, engendering a morose break-up anthem. As DaVincci pines over his failed relationship, he reminisces on the ideas of respect, friendship, fidelity, and betrayal. DaVincci is effective at building solid imagery and evoking personal emotional connection, and AG Lyonz’ pleasant vocals add a seamless accompaniment while introducing a melodic R&B feel. The combination of classic hip-hop, rock, and R&B lends an enjoyable density to the track. There’s no word on a larger project release, but peep DaVincci’s BandCamp for more music.
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 02/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.