“A ghetto love is the law that we live by.” These famous lyrics, coined by the Lost Boyz, are flipped and melded with rock-style guitar riffs and weighted drums for Miami emcee DaVincci’s first solo Booth feature, Goodbye.” The record, produced by Miami Beat Wave (who released a project with The DJBooth last year), mixes slow tempo keys and deep percussion, engendering a morose break-up anthem. As DaVincci pines over his failed relationship, he reminisces on the ideas of respect, friendship, fidelity, and betrayal. DaVincci is effective at building solid imagery and evoking personal emotional connection, and AG Lyonz’ pleasant vocals add a seamless accompaniment while introducing a melodic R&B feel. The combination of classic hip-hop, rock, and R&B lends an enjoyable density to the track. There’s no word on a larger project release, but peep DaVincci’s BandCamp for more music.
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 02/29/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.