“A ghetto love is the law that we live by.” These famous lyrics, coined by the Lost Boyz, are flipped and melded with rock-style guitar riffs and weighted drums for Miami emcee DaVincci’s first solo Booth feature, Goodbye.” The record, produced by Miami Beat Wave (who released a project with The DJBooth last year), mixes slow tempo keys and deep percussion, engendering a morose break-up anthem. As DaVincci pines over his failed relationship, he reminisces on the ideas of respect, friendship, fidelity, and betrayal. DaVincci is effective at building solid imagery and evoking personal emotional connection, and AG Lyonz’ pleasant vocals add a seamless accompaniment while introducing a melodic R&B feel. The combination of classic hip-hop, rock, and R&B lends an enjoyable density to the track. There’s no word on a larger project release, but peep DaVincci’s BandCamp for more music.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.