“A ghetto love is the law that we live by.” These famous lyrics, coined by the Lost Boyz, are flipped and melded with rock-style guitar riffs and weighted drums for Miami emcee DaVincci’s first solo Booth feature, Goodbye.” The record, produced by Miami Beat Wave (who released a project with The DJBooth last year), mixes slow tempo keys and deep percussion, engendering a morose break-up anthem. As DaVincci pines over his failed relationship, he reminisces on the ideas of respect, friendship, fidelity, and betrayal. DaVincci is effective at building solid imagery and evoking personal emotional connection, and AG Lyonz’ pleasant vocals add a seamless accompaniment while introducing a melodic R&B feel. The combination of classic hip-hop, rock, and R&B lends an enjoyable density to the track. There’s no word on a larger project release, but peep DaVincci’s BandCamp for more music.
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 02/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.