“A ghetto love is the law that we live by.” These famous lyrics, coined by the Lost Boyz, are flipped and melded with rock-style guitar riffs and weighted drums for Miami emcee DaVincci’s first solo Booth feature, Goodbye.” The record, produced by Miami Beat Wave (who released a project with The DJBooth last year), mixes slow tempo keys and deep percussion, engendering a morose break-up anthem. As DaVincci pines over his failed relationship, he reminisces on the ideas of respect, friendship, fidelity, and betrayal. DaVincci is effective at building solid imagery and evoking personal emotional connection, and AG Lyonz’ pleasant vocals add a seamless accompaniment while introducing a melodic R&B feel. The combination of classic hip-hop, rock, and R&B lends an enjoyable density to the track. There’s no word on a larger project release, but peep DaVincci’s BandCamp for more music.
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 02/29/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.