DaVincci‘s last DJBooth feature, September 2012’s Lose Your Soul, was exactly what its title implied: a grave, pensive underground jam dealing with heavy philosophical themes. On his latest effort, by contrast, the Miami native is just Funkin’ Around. But don’t get it twisted—the mic skills he showcases here are dead serious. Premiering on our front page in honor of James Brown’s birthday this Friday, this cut finds DaVincci flexing his lyrical muscles over a 6/8 beat produced by the artist in conjunction with fellow Booth faves Miami Beat Wave. (The King of Soul, of course, is prominently sampled.) Dangerflow vocalist Angel Ocean and Booth newcomer Chidi assist on the guest tip. Details have yet to be announced on the project to which the cut will be attached but, as always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest from DaVincci and company.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.