DaVincci‘s last DJBooth feature, September 2012’s Lose Your Soul, was exactly what its title implied: a grave, pensive underground jam dealing with heavy philosophical themes. On his latest effort, by contrast, the Miami native is just Funkin’ Around. But don’t get it twisted—the mic skills he showcases here are dead serious. Premiering on our front page in honor of James Brown’s birthday this Friday, this cut finds DaVincci flexing his lyrical muscles over a 6/8 beat produced by the artist in conjunction with fellow Booth faves Miami Beat Wave. (The King of Soul, of course, is prominently sampled.) Dangerflow vocalist Angel Ocean and Booth newcomer Chidi assist on the guest tip. Details have yet to be announced on the project to which the cut will be attached but, as always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest from DaVincci and company.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.