DaVincci‘s last DJBooth feature, September 2012’s Lose Your Soul, was exactly what its title implied: a grave, pensive underground jam dealing with heavy philosophical themes. On his latest effort, by contrast, the Miami native is just Funkin’ Around. But don’t get it twisted—the mic skills he showcases here are dead serious. Premiering on our front page in honor of James Brown’s birthday this Friday, this cut finds DaVincci flexing his lyrical muscles over a 6/8 beat produced by the artist in conjunction with fellow Booth faves Miami Beat Wave. (The King of Soul, of course, is prominently sampled.) Dangerflow vocalist Angel Ocean and Booth newcomer Chidi assist on the guest tip. Details have yet to be announced on the project to which the cut will be attached but, as always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest from DaVincci and company.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.