DaVincci‘s last DJBooth feature, September 2012’s Lose Your Soul, was exactly what its title implied: a grave, pensive underground jam dealing with heavy philosophical themes. On his latest effort, by contrast, the Miami native is just Funkin’ Around. But don’t get it twisted—the mic skills he showcases here are dead serious. Premiering on our front page in honor of James Brown’s birthday this Friday, this cut finds DaVincci flexing his lyrical muscles over a 6/8 beat produced by the artist in conjunction with fellow Booth faves Miami Beat Wave. (The King of Soul, of course, is prominently sampled.) Dangerflow vocalist Angel Ocean and Booth newcomer Chidi assist on the guest tip. Details have yet to be announced on the project to which the cut will be attached but, as always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest from DaVincci and company.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.