As a young artist enjoying your first taste of fame and fortune, it’s easy to get Carried Away and forget why you’re grinding in the first place. If anyone has the strength of will to weather the game’s many temptations without taking his eye off the prize, though, it’s David Versis. Last heard showcasing his sub-zero flows on December 2012’s The Coldest, the T-Dot buzzmaker returns to our pages with a fresh promo single addressing his lofty aspirations in the industry, as well as the perilous allure of the fast life. Arthur McArthur mans the mixing boards, crafting a piano-loop groove that drips with steely determination. Carried Away is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, watch our pages for the latest news and tunes from this ambitious up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.