As a young artist enjoying your first taste of fame and fortune, it’s easy to get Carried Away and forget why you’re grinding in the first place. If anyone has the strength of will to weather the game’s many temptations without taking his eye off the prize, though, it’s David Versis. Last heard showcasing his sub-zero flows on December 2012’s The Coldest, the T-Dot buzzmaker returns to our pages with a fresh promo single addressing his lofty aspirations in the industry, as well as the perilous allure of the fast life. Arthur McArthur mans the mixing boards, crafting a piano-loop groove that drips with steely determination. Carried Away is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, watch our pages for the latest news and tunes from this ambitious up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.