As a young artist enjoying your first taste of fame and fortune, it’s easy to get Carried Away and forget why you’re grinding in the first place. If anyone has the strength of will to weather the game’s many temptations without taking his eye off the prize, though, it’s David Versis. Last heard showcasing his sub-zero flows on December 2012’s The Coldest, the T-Dot buzzmaker returns to our pages with a fresh promo single addressing his lofty aspirations in the industry, as well as the perilous allure of the fast life. Arthur McArthur mans the mixing boards, crafting a piano-loop groove that drips with steely determination. Carried Away is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, watch our pages for the latest news and tunes from this ambitious up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.