If there’s anything more fly than actual flight, I haven’t heard of it—and, if this cut is any indication, neither has David Rush (a.k.a. Young Boss). Making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, new single Where You Wanna Go finds the Shootin’ Star emcee plying an enchanting shorty with promises of jet-setting both literal and metaphorical. The concept may not be new, but listeners with a taste for high-energy club music will agree that the execution is, well, stellar—A.N.T. Productions’ synth-heavy instrumental is the aural equivalent of hi-octane jet fuel, and the vocal interplay between Rush and previously-unknown singer Mina provides the spark this jam needs to catch fire on dancefloors nationwide. Rush doesn’t get around to actually rapping till the track is two-thirds over (and then only briefly), but the vast majority will be too busy moving to the music to notice. Keep your browsers trained on our front page for further details on the emcee’s forthcoming M.E. LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from Mr. 305/Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 06/15/09
Submit your Rating
XBMG\MR 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Girl ft. Trina & Young Boss " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.