Though he guested on Frankie J.‘s Dream Girl back in December, the emcee formerly known as Young Boss has taken his sweet time bringing us a new solo feature. Ah well, guess you can’t Rush greatness. (I’d apologize for that awful pun but, considering the title of David Rush‘s latest project, I’m just gonna call it even). Mixtape leak Party Like We finds the Jersey native departing from the pop-oriented material we’ve heard from him to date to bring us something a little more retro, though no less body-moving. A.N.T. looks to DJ Kool’s iconic Let Me Clear My Throat for production inspiration, slicing and dicing the ‘96 single’s gruff hook and bridge into a hypnotic, bass-booming club concoction. On the lyrical tip, Rush keeps the energy sky-high, delineating his party philosophy in straightforward yet engaging verses. Wallflowers and V.I.P.-room lurkers may not agree with his approach but, hey, who needs ‘em? Those who know how to have a good time can find this cut and plenty more party fuel on David Rush’s Welcome to Rushia II (see what I mean?) street album, available now online.
Written by richard on 02/21/11
Submit your Rating
XBMG\MR 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Girl ft. Trina & Young Boss " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.