Though he guested on Frankie J.‘s Dream Girl back in December, the emcee formerly known as Young Boss has taken his sweet time bringing us a new solo feature. Ah well, guess you can’t Rush greatness. (I’d apologize for that awful pun but, considering the title of David Rush‘s latest project, I’m just gonna call it even). Mixtape leak Party Like We finds the Jersey native departing from the pop-oriented material we’ve heard from him to date to bring us something a little more retro, though no less body-moving. A.N.T. looks to DJ Kool’s iconic Let Me Clear My Throat for production inspiration, slicing and dicing the ‘96 single’s gruff hook and bridge into a hypnotic, bass-booming club concoction. On the lyrical tip, Rush keeps the energy sky-high, delineating his party philosophy in straightforward yet engaging verses. Wallflowers and V.I.P.-room lurkers may not agree with his approach but, hey, who needs ‘em? Those who know how to have a good time can find this cut and plenty more party fuel on David Rush’s Welcome to Rushia II (see what I mean?) street album, available now online.
Written by richard on 02/21/11
XBMG\MR 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Girl ft. Trina & Young Boss " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.