Every once in a while you’ll encounter a news story about an independent artist whose music was illegally jacked by a major player in the game. Kanye West, Dr. Dre and Eminem have all been taken to court for such alleged offenses. That wasn’t the case, however, when Miami rapper Pitbull came across a song entitled Go Girl by rapper David Rush. Loyal to his fellow craftsmen, Pit reached out to Young Boss (as he is also known) and together with Trina they collaborated on a new version of the song. Roughly a year later, they are back together again on Boss’ new, remixed song, Shootin’ Star. Emphatic synth rumbles and spacey sounds from producer AYB make Young Boss’s girl seem positively stellar. Look for more star-worthy performances on his forthcoming untitled LP, due out this year.
Written by Carly on 08/13/08
Submit your Rating
XBMG\MR 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Girl ft. Trina & Young Boss " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.