Every once in a while you’ll encounter a news story about an independent artist whose music was illegally jacked by a major player in the game. Kanye West, Dr. Dre and Eminem have all been taken to court for such alleged offenses. That wasn’t the case, however, when Miami rapper Pitbull came across a song entitled Go Girl by rapper David Rush. Loyal to his fellow craftsmen, Pit reached out to Young Boss (as he is also known) and together with Trina they collaborated on a new version of the song. Roughly a year later, they are back together again on Boss’ new, remixed song, Shootin’ Star. Emphatic synth rumbles and spacey sounds from producer AYB make Young Boss’s girl seem positively stellar. Look for more star-worthy performances on his forthcoming untitled LP, due out this year.
Written by Carly on 08/13/08
Submit your Rating
XBMG\MR 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Girl ft. Trina & Young Boss " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.