Every once in a while you’ll encounter a news story about an independent artist whose music was illegally jacked by a major player in the game. Kanye West, Dr. Dre and Eminem have all been taken to court for such alleged offenses. That wasn’t the case, however, when Miami rapper Pitbull came across a song entitled Go Girl by rapper David Rush. Loyal to his fellow craftsmen, Pit reached out to Young Boss (as he is also known) and together with Trina they collaborated on a new version of the song. Roughly a year later, they are back together again on Boss’ new, remixed song, Shootin’ Star. Emphatic synth rumbles and spacey sounds from producer AYB make Young Boss’s girl seem positively stellar. Look for more star-worthy performances on his forthcoming untitled LP, due out this year.
Written by Carly on 08/13/08
Submit your Rating
XBMG\MR 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Girl ft. Trina & Young Boss " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.