When a label achieves success with their current roster of artists, they tend to gradually pick up artists of others genres in an effort to “diversify their portfolio.” Following this pattern is Poe Boy Entertainment, who, after the success of Rick Ross and Flo Rida, has expanded its roster to include R&B singer David Lyn. On the trendy dance floor anthem, Take Control, Lyn talks about –what else?– being in a trance thanks to a lady. Thanks to label mate and collaborator, Flo Rida, who has achieved record-breaking marks in digital sales and ring tones, the newcomer’s jam gets an experienced pick-me-up. David Lyn’s self-titled debut is currently on Poe Boy’s waiting list, alongside Brisco‘s debut, Street Medicine, and Triple C’s Black Flag.
Written by Burmy on 02/26/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.