When a label achieves success with their current roster of artists, they tend to gradually pick up artists of others genres in an effort to “diversify their portfolio.” Following this pattern is Poe Boy Entertainment, who, after the success of Rick Ross and Flo Rida, has expanded its roster to include R&B singer David Lyn. On the trendy dance floor anthem, Take Control, Lyn talks about –what else?– being in a trance thanks to a lady. Thanks to label mate and collaborator, Flo Rida, who has achieved record-breaking marks in digital sales and ring tones, the newcomer’s jam gets an experienced pick-me-up. David Lyn’s self-titled debut is currently on Poe Boy’s waiting list, alongside Brisco‘s debut, Street Medicine, and Triple C’s Black Flag.
Written by Burmy on 02/26/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.