When a label achieves success with their current roster of artists, they tend to gradually pick up artists of others genres in an effort to “diversify their portfolio.” Following this pattern is Poe Boy Entertainment, who, after the success of Rick Ross and Flo Rida, has expanded its roster to include R&B singer David Lyn. On the trendy dance floor anthem, Take Control, Lyn talks about –what else?– being in a trance thanks to a lady. Thanks to label mate and collaborator, Flo Rida, who has achieved record-breaking marks in digital sales and ring tones, the newcomer’s jam gets an experienced pick-me-up. David Lyn’s self-titled debut is currently on Poe Boy’s waiting list, alongside Brisco‘s debut, Street Medicine, and Triple C’s Black Flag.
Written by Burmy on 02/26/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.