When a label achieves success with their current roster of artists, they tend to gradually pick up artists of others genres in an effort to “diversify their portfolio.” Following this pattern is Poe Boy Entertainment, who, after the success of Rick Ross and Flo Rida, has expanded its roster to include R&B singer David Lyn. On the trendy dance floor anthem, Take Control, Lyn talks about –what else?– being in a trance thanks to a lady. Thanks to label mate and collaborator, Flo Rida, who has achieved record-breaking marks in digital sales and ring tones, the newcomer’s jam gets an experienced pick-me-up. David Lyn’s self-titled debut is currently on Poe Boy’s waiting list, alongside Brisco‘s debut, Street Medicine, and Triple C’s Black Flag.
Written by Burmy on 02/26/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.