Significant other recently leave you high and dry? My condolences. Instead of reaching for the Jack Daniels or Ben & Jerry’s, you might try sweating your troubles out on the dancefloor with a little help from David Guetta. On She-Wolf (Falling to Pieces), the lead single off his new Nothing but the Beat re-release, the French DJ and producer hooks up with an Aussie pop heavyweight to craft a cut that’s half wounded breakup ballad, half bass-bumping club banger. Sia, Guetta’s collaborator on Flo Rida‘s Wild Ones, turns in an emotionally fraught performance on the vocal tip, mourning the loss of her man to a predatory female rival. Guetta showcases his mastery of tension-and-release behind the boards, complementing the singer’s verses with spare, melancholy piano chords before pulling out all the stops for a synth-scorching four-on-the-floor chorus. Complete with an official video featuring some dazzling special effects, this is just one of many body-moving cuts to be found on Nothing But the Beat 2.0, available in stores and online as of September 7.
Written by richard on 09/30/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.