Significant other recently leave you high and dry? My condolences. Instead of reaching for the Jack Daniels or Ben & Jerry’s, you might try sweating your troubles out on the dancefloor with a little help from David Guetta. On She-Wolf (Falling to Pieces), the lead single off his new Nothing but the Beat re-release, the French DJ and producer hooks up with an Aussie pop heavyweight to craft a cut that’s half wounded breakup ballad, half bass-bumping club banger. Sia, Guetta’s collaborator on Flo Rida‘s Wild Ones, turns in an emotionally fraught performance on the vocal tip, mourning the loss of her man to a predatory female rival. Guetta showcases his mastery of tension-and-release behind the boards, complementing the singer’s verses with spare, melancholy piano chords before pulling out all the stops for a synth-scorching four-on-the-floor chorus. Complete with an official video featuring some dazzling special effects, this is just one of many body-moving cuts to be found on Nothing But the Beat 2.0, available in stores and online as of September 7.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.