David Guetta‘s last Booth-featured single, Where Dem Girls At, found guest star Flo Rida suffering from what a social psychologist would call choice overload: with so many fine females at the local spot, the decision of whom to approach first becomes paralyzing. On his latest effort, the club chief heads out to the town with a considerably more decisive pair of wingmen—as soon as Ludacris and Taio Cruz set eyes on a certain Little Bad Girl, everyone else in the room effectively becomes invisible. Guetta works his usual magic behind the boards, serving up a predictable but effective blend of scorching synths, booming bass and four-on-the-floor percussion as the collaborators offer their take on the time-tested sexy-shawty-on-the-dancefloor theme—Cruz advertising his “bad boy” status on the opening verses and hook, and Luda chewing the aural scenery with characteristic enthusiasm in a bombastically-flowed closing contribution. In a few words, it’s certified club catnip… or have I got it twisted? If this joint has what it takes to lure you out onto the floor, you can expect more scorchers on Guetta’s Nothing but the Beat LP, dropping August 30.
Written by richard on 06/28/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.