David Guetta‘s last Booth-featured single, Where Dem Girls At, found guest star Flo Rida suffering from what a social psychologist would call choice overload: with so many fine females at the local spot, the decision of whom to approach first becomes paralyzing. On his latest effort, the club chief heads out to the town with a considerably more decisive pair of wingmen—as soon as Ludacris and Taio Cruz set eyes on a certain Little Bad Girl, everyone else in the room effectively becomes invisible. Guetta works his usual magic behind the boards, serving up a predictable but effective blend of scorching synths, booming bass and four-on-the-floor percussion as the collaborators offer their take on the time-tested sexy-shawty-on-the-dancefloor theme—Cruz advertising his “bad boy” status on the opening verses and hook, and Luda chewing the aural scenery with characteristic enthusiasm in a bombastically-flowed closing contribution. In a few words, it’s certified club catnip… or have I got it twisted? If this joint has what it takes to lure you out onto the floor, you can expect more scorchers on Guetta’s Nothing but the Beat LP, dropping August 30.
Written by richard on 06/28/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.