Close your eyes, Booth readers, and try to imagine what it would be like if David Guetta, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown came together on one dancefloor-rocking colossus of a record—crazy, right? OK, you can open them now… sh*t, you can’t actually read with your eyes closed, huh? Well, whenever you get around to opening ‘em, you can judge for yourself whether the reality lives up to your fantasy by watching the video for I Can Only Imagine, a stand out single off Guetta’s fifth LP. Though more tender in tone than past single Little Bad Girl, this jam is every bit as body-moving; with the headliner’s springy electro-house grooves banging in the background, Weezy and Breezy take turns paying tribute to the girl(s) of their dreams, the former waxing lovestruck on the verses (“I think somebody done gave Cupid an Uzi.”) and the latter stepping into the spotlight on the bridge and climactic hook. Has this star-studded selection exceeded your expectations? Then I Can Only Imagine how much you’ll enjoy Guetta’s latest full-length, Nothing but the Beat, out now.
Written by richard on 07/2/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.