Close your eyes, Booth readers, and try to imagine what it would be like if David Guetta, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown came together on one dancefloor-rocking colossus of a record—crazy, right? OK, you can open them now… sh*t, you can’t actually read with your eyes closed, huh? Well, whenever you get around to opening ‘em, you can judge for yourself whether the reality lives up to your fantasy by watching the video for I Can Only Imagine, a stand out single off Guetta’s fifth LP. Though more tender in tone than past single Little Bad Girl, this jam is every bit as body-moving; with the headliner’s springy electro-house grooves banging in the background, Weezy and Breezy take turns paying tribute to the girl(s) of their dreams, the former waxing lovestruck on the verses (“I think somebody done gave Cupid an Uzi.”) and the latter stepping into the spotlight on the bridge and climactic hook. Has this star-studded selection exceeded your expectations? Then I Can Only Imagine how much you’ll enjoy Guetta’s latest full-length, Nothing but the Beat, out now.
Written by richard on 07/2/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.