Most would advise someone feeling stressed or down in the dumps to talk to a professional shrink, but, as we all know, not everyone is loaded or insured enough to foot that bill. Fortunately for the cash-strapped, though, veteran DJ/producer (and Booth newcomer) David Guetta has teamed up with hitmaking hip-hopster Kid CuDi to develop a simple, inexpensive solution to all your mental health needs: simply let loose and party your ass off! With all those crazy Memories to look back on, how could anyone feel blue? Okay, that might not be the greatest advice, but it is delivered in one bangin’ package; the EMI signee’s propulsive boardwork, driven by a relentless kick, pounding piano chords, and (on the hook) minor-key synth arpeggios, is guaranteed to get bodies moving, and CuDi’s distinctively deadpan sung vocals only add to the appeal. Sound medical advice might be a little much to ask, but fans looking for more House-infused, dancefloor-scorching jams would do well to pick up a copy of Guetta’s One Love when it drops on the 24th—doctor’s orders!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.