Most would advise someone feeling stressed or down in the dumps to talk to a professional shrink, but, as we all know, not everyone is loaded or insured enough to foot that bill. Fortunately for the cash-strapped, though, veteran DJ/producer (and Booth newcomer) David Guetta has teamed up with hitmaking hip-hopster Kid CuDi to develop a simple, inexpensive solution to all your mental health needs: simply let loose and party your ass off! With all those crazy Memories to look back on, how could anyone feel blue? Okay, that might not be the greatest advice, but it is delivered in one bangin’ package; the EMI signee’s propulsive boardwork, driven by a relentless kick, pounding piano chords, and (on the hook) minor-key synth arpeggios, is guaranteed to get bodies moving, and CuDi’s distinctively deadpan sung vocals only add to the appeal. Sound medical advice might be a little much to ask, but fans looking for more House-infused, dancefloor-scorching jams would do well to pick up a copy of Guetta’s One Love when it drops on the 24th—doctor’s orders!
Written by richard on 08/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Club Can't Handle Me" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.