Most would advise someone feeling stressed or down in the dumps to talk to a professional shrink, but, as we all know, not everyone is loaded or insured enough to foot that bill. Fortunately for the cash-strapped, though, veteran DJ/producer (and Booth newcomer) David Guetta has teamed up with hitmaking hip-hopster Kid CuDi to develop a simple, inexpensive solution to all your mental health needs: simply let loose and party your ass off! With all those crazy Memories to look back on, how could anyone feel blue? Okay, that might not be the greatest advice, but it is delivered in one bangin’ package; the EMI signee’s propulsive boardwork, driven by a relentless kick, pounding piano chords, and (on the hook) minor-key synth arpeggios, is guaranteed to get bodies moving, and CuDi’s distinctively deadpan sung vocals only add to the appeal. Sound medical advice might be a little much to ask, but fans looking for more House-infused, dancefloor-scorching jams would do well to pick up a copy of Guetta’s One Love when it drops on the 24th—doctor’s orders!
Written by richard on 08/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Club Can't Handle Me" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.