If you’ll permit me to get a little Honors English on y’all, classical scholar Sir Richard Livingstone once stated that “Our danger is not too few, but too many options ... to be puzzled by innumerable alternatives.“ Say what? Well, take Flo Rida‘s predicament on new David Guetta single Where Dem Girls At: upon stepping into the club, so many fly females catch his eye simultaneously that he finds himself incapable of deciding where to begin. As he’s struggling to resolve this deadlock over the veteran DJ’s stark synths and four-on-the-floor percussion, an especially alluring specimen swoops in to make the decision for him – not only is she gonna kick it with him, but she’ll bring her equally fly friends along for the ride. Playing the woman in question, Young Money heavy-hitter Nicki Minaj attacks the beat as only she can, dropping what may well be her most off-the-wall guest 16 since Monster. So, readers, does this dancefloor-scorcher whet your appetite for more body-moving bangers? That’s exactly what you’ll find on Guetta’s untitled fifth full-length, scheduled to drop in late summer.
Written by richard on 04/5/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.