If you’ll permit me to get a little Honors English on y’all, classical scholar Sir Richard Livingstone once stated that “Our danger is not too few, but too many options ... to be puzzled by innumerable alternatives.“ Say what? Well, take Flo Rida‘s predicament on new David Guetta single Where Dem Girls At: upon stepping into the club, so many fly females catch his eye simultaneously that he finds himself incapable of deciding where to begin. As he’s struggling to resolve this deadlock over the veteran DJ’s stark synths and four-on-the-floor percussion, an especially alluring specimen swoops in to make the decision for him – not only is she gonna kick it with him, but she’ll bring her equally fly friends along for the ride. Playing the woman in question, Young Money heavy-hitter Nicki Minaj attacks the beat as only she can, dropping what may well be her most off-the-wall guest 16 since Monster. So, readers, does this dancefloor-scorcher whet your appetite for more body-moving bangers? That’s exactly what you’ll find on Guetta’s untitled fifth full-length, scheduled to drop in late summer.
Written by richard on 04/5/11
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.