Personally, I thought David Dallas’ 2011 cut, Til’ Tomorrow, was flawless. I mean, c’mon, he spit over a Ratatat beat! What more do you people want!? If the original didn’t stick with you, however, Dallas’ Til’ Tomorrow (Remix) should hit the spot. Thankfully, he kept the outrageously wonderful animated video. In addition to the Special Problems-directed visuals, the Duck Down emcee’s charismatic flow and insightful lyrics—covering topic’s from internet trolls to the curious, often unfair ways of the world—also remain unaltered. The production, however, couldn’t be more different. M-Phazes vibrant, guitar driven beat gives the song a little more pep and cheer than the original, which really helps to make each line pop. In related news, Til’ Tomorrow isn’t the only thing getting a makeover; Dallas’ latest project, The Rose Tint (Deluxe Edition), is a redux of the ‘11 original.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/19/13
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.