2013 was a huge year for David Dallas. That’s thanks in large part to the massive success of Runnin’, which earned Gold certification in his native New Zealand, as well as finding a place on the soundtrack of FIFA 14 and appearing in the official trailer for EA Sports’ Madden 25. And yet he’s ending the year with mixed emotions. On freshly-released single The Wire, Dallas offers a poetic account of the balancing act that is his musical career. Over Fire & Ice‘s pensive beat, he acknowledges that the hustle has changed him, and resolves to stay the course: “It’s such a long way down, been such a long way now that I’ve forgotten what I used to be / Now doin’ this is the only thing that’s true to me.” Singer Ruby Frost contributes some icy hook vocals, and Joel Kefali directs the artistic visuals. For this introspective cut and much more, cop the artist’s Falling Into Place LP, out now via Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)