2013 was a huge year for David Dallas. That’s thanks in large part to the massive success of Runnin’, which earned Gold certification in his native New Zealand, as well as finding a place on the soundtrack of FIFA 14 and appearing in the official trailer for EA Sports’ Madden 25. And yet he’s ending the year with mixed emotions. On freshly-released single The Wire, Dallas offers a poetic account of the balancing act that is his musical career. Over Fire & Ice‘s pensive beat, he acknowledges that the hustle has changed him, and resolves to stay the course: “It’s such a long way down, been such a long way now that I’ve forgotten what I used to be / Now doin’ this is the only thing that’s true to me.” Singer Ruby Frost contributes some icy hook vocals, and Joel Kefali directs the artistic visuals. For this introspective cut and much more, cop the artist’s Falling Into Place LP, out now via Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
Written by richard on 12/10/13
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.