David Dallas‘s South Auckland stomping grounds may be about 10,000 miles away from DJBooth HQ but, when you set it side-by-side with inner-city areas in the U.S., you’ll find more similarities than differences. On his latest single, featured along with Jordan Cherrington‘s official visuals, he describes his hood as a intricate nexus of community, struggle, cultural vibrancy and, yes, violent crime. Fellow Southsiders Sid Diamond and Mareko further complicate Dallas’s portrait of his urban environment in thoughtful guest verses. Frequent collaborators Fire & Ice produce the record’s soulful, understated beat. Feeling it? More awaits on the headliner’s Falling Into Place LP, available for full streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.