My Mentality when preparing to listen to a cut from David Dallas is much different than when I am prepping for a Freddie Gibbs cut. With Dallas I am ready for a heartfelt effort, whereas with Gibbs I am grabbing a helmet and preparing for a verbal onslaught. While they might be different, both emcees are extremely talented, so it’s no wonder this collaboration is damn near perfect. Atop the cloudy, poignant boardwork of Fire & Ice, the two emcees blend their contrasting styles perfectly. Dallas provides two seemingly effortless verses, skating atop the beat and leaving a trail of dense bars behind him. Sandwiched between the New Zealander’s impressive 16s is a verse from Gibbs that, while padded by the cushioned beat, is still as crisp and powerful as ever. A record this dope needs to be part of something larger, which is why Dallas has included it on his Falling Into Place LP, due out this fall.
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.