When I first saw the title of David Dallas’ single the only thing I could think was, “What exactly does it feel like to Feel Like Oasis?” I imagine it’d feel like coke overdoses, empty bottles of whiskey and punching your brother in the face. Amazingly, after pressing play I learned that’s actually exactly what the New Zealand emcee means. Well, not exactly, but close. While producers Fire & Ice lay down a string heavy beat that’s equal parts atmospheric soaring and street level head-nodding, Dallas channels the spririt of the brothers Gallagher circa ’95, saying exactly what pops into his mind, consequences be damned: “F**k all the false modesty, media can’t harm me.” Yep, that sounds about right. And just like Liam and Noel, Dallas brings some band mates along for the ride, turning over the mic to The Kid Daytona and Tayyib Ali for 16s that are no less drenched in rock n’roll hotel trashing energy. If you’re feeling inspired to not only dig up that old copy of Definitely Maybe but cop even more from Dallas you’re in luck; the deluxe edition of his The Rose Tint album, complete with bonus tracks and instrumentals, drops November 8.
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.