When I first saw the title of David Dallas’ single the only thing I could think was, “What exactly does it feel like to Feel Like Oasis?” I imagine it’d feel like coke overdoses, empty bottles of whiskey and punching your brother in the face. Amazingly, after pressing play I learned that’s actually exactly what the New Zealand emcee means. Well, not exactly, but close. While producers Fire & Ice lay down a string heavy beat that’s equal parts atmospheric soaring and street level head-nodding, Dallas channels the spririt of the brothers Gallagher circa ’95, saying exactly what pops into his mind, consequences be damned: “F**k all the false modesty, media can’t harm me.” Yep, that sounds about right. And just like Liam and Noel, Dallas brings some band mates along for the ride, turning over the mic to The Kid Daytona and Tayyib Ali for 16s that are no less drenched in rock n’roll hotel trashing energy. If you’re feeling inspired to not only dig up that old copy of Definitely Maybe but cop even more from Dallas you’re in luck; the deluxe edition of his The Rose Tint album, complete with bonus tracks and instrumentals, drops November 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/12/11
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.