You can call David Dallas a daydreamer, a space cadet or even an ADD sufferer, but don’t expect him to take it as an insult. If the New Zealand-bred hopeful looks like he’s Caught in a Daze, he’s simply deep in thought on how best to achieve his goal of rap supremacy – that, or he’s been chiefing up with Freddie Gibbs. On his latest single, Dallas takes a moment to kick back and do the latter, while lyrically pondering the former. Producers Fire & Ice set the proper mood for blunted introspection, chopping mellow brass samples into a lightly jazzy backdrop for the headliner’s musings on his grind to succeed stateside. On the middle, our favorite Gary, Indiana representative grabs the mic for a guest 16 packed with Swisher blunts and gritty hood talk, in the process reminding us why his flow is considered one of the finest in the today’s game. Has Dallas succeeded in elevating your mood with this laid-back jam? Then you won’t want to miss the rest of the feel-good material he’s set to display on his stateside debut full-length, The Rose Tint, coming soon via Duck Down Records.
Written by richard on 03/14/11
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)