I’ve always been fond of Dallas. Home of the Dallas Cowboys, Grapevine Mills mall and some pretty underrated restaurants, there was always just something dope about Dallas. So when I got a new record with David Dallas in the title, of course I was stoked by the positive association alone. Not being too familiar with the New Zealand emcee (no, he’s not from Texas), I delved into his new street single, Ain’t Coming Down, with a clear mind and absolutely no preconceived notions at all. After I started with that clean slate, David Dallas took it and tagged up my whole mental canvas of him with sonic graffiti. Produced by Fire & Ice, Ain’t Coming Down has that uplifting sound with charming horns and uplifting strings over which Dallas and Duck Down head honcho Buckshot handle business, complete with a briefcase and Windsor knot. Discussing topics that every rapper discusses at one time or another; being the best he can be and being steps ahead of the competition. Ain’t Coming Down will appear on The Rose Tint, Dallas’s upcoming (free) project due out May 11.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/21/11
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)