I’ve always been fond of Dallas. Home of the Dallas Cowboys, Grapevine Mills mall and some pretty underrated restaurants, there was always just something dope about Dallas. So when I got a new record with David Dallas in the title, of course I was stoked by the positive association alone. Not being too familiar with the New Zealand emcee (no, he’s not from Texas), I delved into his new street single, Ain’t Coming Down, with a clear mind and absolutely no preconceived notions at all. After I started with that clean slate, David Dallas took it and tagged up my whole mental canvas of him with sonic graffiti. Produced by Fire & Ice, Ain’t Coming Down has that uplifting sound with charming horns and uplifting strings over which Dallas and Duck Down head honcho Buckshot handle business, complete with a briefcase and Windsor knot. Discussing topics that every rapper discusses at one time or another; being the best he can be and being steps ahead of the competition. Ain’t Coming Down will appear on The Rose Tint, Dallas’s upcoming (free) project due out May 11.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/21/11
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Management/Duck Down Music, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.