There was a quote that stuck with me from Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Making the Band: “Emotions will have you broke.” I guess that philosophy comes into play when choosing tracks for an album too… although I wouldn’t have nixed this one. Mean-mugger David Banner and super-producer 9th Wonder have let a novel loose on their new offering What Did I Do?, a record that shows the rugged yet empathetic plight of a man whose main tenderoni is looking for love elsewhere. Not since Ghostface‘s Never Be the Same Again has a rapper truly captured the emotion of being unequivocally hurt by a woman, and this time around without Carl Thomas. With 9th always consistent behind the boards and Banner putting his trademark southern drawl on this great storyline, it would indeed have been Pulitzer-worthy. Unfortunately, we won’t see What Did I Do? at the awards ceremony with the rest of the tracks for the duo’s Death of a Popstar album, dropping November 9. So download this joint now, or live with the fact that eventually this song will be gone forever.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 10/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.