While some (cough, Lil B, cough) may prefer to believe that it will last forever, history tells us that the currently red hot “Swag” will soon join its brothers “bling” and “fo sho” in the Words Everyone Used To Say Until They Got Played Out and Now No One Says Hall of Fame. Here to put another nail in swag’s inevitable coffin is David Banner who, one Super Bowl song aside, we haven’t really heard from in months. The first release off his upcoming project The Make Believe Album, Swag’s swag is more meta-swag, using a bouncing and pounding David Banner and Swiff D produced beat to drop some serious enlightenment: “It’s only right that I tell ‘em /don’t buy into everything these rappers is sellin’.” The Mississippi emcee has been veering between revolutionary rap and sex fueled materialism for years, it sounds like he’s finally found a way to do both on one track. No word yet on when Banner’s possibly imaginary The Make Believe Album will see the light of day but in you can count on the Booth to keep you posted – especially if David starts cooking with Ellen Degeneres.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.