While some (cough, Lil B, cough) may prefer to believe that it will last forever, history tells us that the currently red hot “Swag” will soon join its brothers “bling” and “fo sho” in the Words Everyone Used To Say Until They Got Played Out and Now No One Says Hall of Fame. Here to put another nail in swag’s inevitable coffin is David Banner who, one Super Bowl song aside, we haven’t really heard from in months. The first release off his upcoming project The Make Believe Album, Swag’s swag is more meta-swag, using a bouncing and pounding David Banner and Swiff D produced beat to drop some serious enlightenment: “It’s only right that I tell ‘em /don’t buy into everything these rappers is sellin’.” The Mississippi emcee has been veering between revolutionary rap and sex fueled materialism for years, it sounds like he’s finally found a way to do both on one track. No word yet on when Banner’s possibly imaginary The Make Believe Album will see the light of day but in you can count on the Booth to keep you posted – especially if David starts cooking with Ellen Degeneres.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.